We saw a lot of great talents who got their big break this year. Here are our top 5 faves — we hope that with our help you’ll be on this list by next year:
1. Taylor Schilling. I don’t know about you guys… but Orange is the New Black was one of my favorite TV series from 2013. Starring the beautiful & talented Taylor Schilling…along with Laura Prepon and Jason Biggs who have made comebacks through this show too!
2. Lorde. At the young age of 16?! this girl is an undeniable talent: The New Zealand-born singer-songwriter shocked audiences & critics with her hit single “Royals” and accompanying debut album Pure Heroine. Plus, she even picked a few fights with other pop stars like Selena Gomez and Katy Perry…
3. Michael B. Jordan. Michael has had minor roles on TV shows like Parenthood and Friday Night Lights, but he didn’t gain much recognition until his performance in the film Fruitvale Station this year. We can look forward to more Michael in 2014 when he stars in That Awkward Moment, alongside Zac Efron.
4. Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis. Their album The Heist actually came out in 2012, but it wasn’t until this year that the duo gained their success in the spotlight. “Thrift Shop” and “Can’t Hold Us” both reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, and the hit “Same Love” also got a lot of critical recognition. The rapper and producer team have been nominated for seven Grammys at the upcoming award show.
5. Dakota Johnson/Jamie Dornan. We can’t wait to see this breakout duo steam up screens in the film adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey. In the fall, Dakota and Charlie Hunnam were cast as Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Shortly after, Charlie was replaced by the Irish actor, and now that filming has begun, we can’t wait for the release in February 2015.