You’ve heard it before: your headshot is your foot in the showbiz door! It is quite possibly one of the most important elements in the casting process. Sometimes Casting Directors will cast purely off of a headshot.
So, how do you get a good headshot?
Here are some useful tips to follow when starting this process:
1. Do your research to find a good photographer in your area and make sure you’re not getting ripped off. You should NEVER pay more than $500 for headshots. If you are getting just one look done, you should be able to find it for $100 or less. 3 looks is generally around $350-$500. While it’s important to invest in your career, don’t go overboard! If it sounds like too much, it probably is.
2. Be sure to get COLOR headshots. Maybe back in the day it was cool to get black and white headshots, but it’s not cool anymore! Industry professionals all agree that color is the way to go!
3. Pick out clothing that makes you look and feel your best. Never wear white. Sport colors that bring out your eyes and that make you look good. Solid colors are the way to go. No patterns, prints, or logos. Bring a few wardrobe selections to your shoot and your photographer will help you make your final choices.
4. Have fun! It’s YOUR day! Once all is said and done, it’s time to relax and have fun with your headshots. It’s a photo shoot and you are in front of the camera — enjoy it! We want to see your genuine self shine through the photos, so the happier and more relaxed you are, the better!
5. Get hi and low res resolutions of your photos. Once you have both, you can print them out and upload them online. Don’t forget to share them everywhere!
Remember, you can always email us at email@example.com with any headshot inquiries, or if you need some photographer recommendations.